Last night was the kick-off meeting for DU Dungeons & Dragons and we’re so excited to have had such a crazy fun start to the Fall Quarter!
If you didn’t have a chance to come to the opening meeting, here’s what you missed:
- Fill out the census so HR doesn’t come after you.
- ONE SHOT DAYS ARE BACK! The first OSD is Sat, Sept 22 in the normal meeting place. To DM, sign up with this form by Wed, Sept 19th at 11:59 PM. (Jump to more info on OSDs)
- Dues are $5 in physical cash and $5.50 on Venmo (@dudad).
- Player’s Guild:
- Bones is taking commissions for music.
- Maggie is taking commissions for character artwork.
- Want a t-shirt? We might order more.
- Welcome back!
More Info Version
We had over 100 people in attendance last night which is bananas! We’re so proud of our club! We went from a single, tiny campaign in a senior’s apartment in 2015 to one of the largest clubs on campus in 2018!
Huge shoutout to Jordan Z, Matt, Zach, Maggie, Tabris, HR, Josh, and TJ for stepping in and being backup DMs! Y’all rock and we couldn’t have done last night without you.
That being said, there’s a lot of y’all to organize! Please be sure to fill out our census form if you haven’t already! This will save us a ton of time and energy and hopefully help our club get a little more recognition on campus from USG.
We might be ordering t-shirts again! We’ll only be able to order shirts if we have a decent amount of interest because money is difficult. Please be sure to fill out this form to pre-order your shirt. We won’t be collecting money until shirts are actually in.
OSDs are back! These are awesome, mini-campaigns that are generally more laid back and low pressure than our typical club meetings.
We ask that DMs sign up ahead of time and we encourage everyone to try out DMing if you haven’t. This is a good way to get experience without having to commit to a full quarter! DM signups are due Wednesday, September 19th at 11:59 PM.
The actual OSD is Saturday, September 22nd from 2-6pm in Sharon’s Alcove. Come and go as you please, these are generally really chill, laid back, and a good opportunity to get to know players outside of your campaign.
We charge a one-time due of $5 for an entire year at DUDAD. This helps us get snacks and make sure everyone is taken care of. We are hoping to remove dues sometime in the future, but until we get proper funding to support our massive club, dues are just a part of things. We appreciate your cooperation.
You can pay physical cash dues to Bones in room ECS 201. We can only make change based on what we have. If you and another player wanna turn in a $10 or something higher, please come to Bones together with the larger bill.
We’ve introduced another way: Venmo! We’re trying out Venmo for ease and convenience this year. Send $5.50 to @dudad to turn in your dues quickly and easily! We have to charge an extra two quarters because Venmo comes with certain fees. We appreciate your understanding!
Dues are due by week 4. That’s the week of Friday, October 5th. Please don’t forget! We keep track of who has and hasn’t paid and we would greatly appreciate getting that squared away ASAP.
- Alex “Bones” Niederberger composes music. Want a short custom composition for your player or campaign? Email him to find out more about his commissions.
- Maggie McKenna is an artist and graphic designer. She’s taking commission work too! More info here.
- Want us to recognize what you’re up to? Shoot us an email to have your work, events, and achievements acknowledged in the Player’s Guild!
The next meeting is Friday, September 21st at 7pm in Sharon’s Alcove!
1st floor of the ECS building. We will be having a much, much shorter kick-off meeting than last night’s.
Thank you everyone who came out and was heckin’ patient with us! The first session is always bonkers, especially Fall Quarter. Y’all were awesome and we’ll see you next week!